Men and Women - Test your mother's maternal ancestry.
The MatriClan Test will reveal the African country of origin and ethnic group (tribe) that you share maternal ancestry with during the past 500 - 2,000 years.* This test will not provide percentages of different regions.
Our kits include everything you need to submit your sample and we never sell or share your DNA!
Our result package is sent via email and includes:
- Official results with HVS1, HVS2 and HVS3 designations and haplogroup from mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) that women and men inherit from their mothers
- Certificate of Ancestry with specific ancestral country and tribe
- E-book Guide to African History and Cultures
- Access to our exclusive African Ancestry Online Community on Facebook
Click here to see who else in your family tree shares your maternal result!
* Your maternal ancestry may not be African, despite any percentage data you may have from another company. We cannot guarantee your result will be African. THERE IS A 8% CHANCE THAT YOUR RESULT WILL BE NON-AFRICAN. If your maternal result is not African, we will identify whether it is European, Asian, Middle Eastern or Indigenous American but you will not receive a country or a group. NO REFUNDS for non-African results.